June 15, 2009

First Take

So I've reached the all-important 100-page mark in Everything is Illuminated (ok so I made up that important part, but it means I'm well into the book), and I gotta say I'm more into it than Satanic Verses by a long shot. Once I got past the early chapters and learned the slightly confusing path the book was taking, I read a whole lot in a short period of time. Granted that short period of time was on a plane when they weren't letting me use my iPod, but still, the point stands. I like this book much better. Even the length. Satanic Verses was just too long. And as of this point, I'm assuming I'm still the only one reading this book. I figure I'm going to finish it in the next few days, and then probably start Life of Pi to continue crossing books off my list. Though, I will take a break to watch the movie of Everything is Illuminated, seeing as that was what prompted me to choose this book in the first place. In the meantime I'm off to play videogames...

No comments:

Post a Comment