June 10, 2009

Oops.

My bad. Totally forgot about the blog for a little bit. Heh.

Hey! I read a book. Finished Catch-22 last week. That book went from entertaining to disturbing very fast. Also, not since reading Johnny Got His Gun have I been so blatantly hit over the head with the whole "War is bad" bit. All that being said though, that book is damned easy to get through. Didn't feel at all like a 450-page book. And certainly was a quicker read than Satanic Verses.

As for the whole Caspian reverse-order thing, I would have to re-read the book to seriously talk about it. In the movie the order seemed to make sense, so I don't think it took away from the movie by reversing the order. But if I ever get around to re-reading Narnia I will see if I can't figure it out.

And finally - I had a lot to catch up with here, geez - I have gotten through two whole chapters in Everything Is Illuminated. I had to go find the book first (good thing my brother works for Barnes & Noble - employee discounts are excellent), and I haven't done a lot of reading since then. I'll bring it on the plane with me this weekend and see if I can't get through a good part of it. (I'm beginning to feel like I'm going to finish the list before anyone else even gets through Satanic Verses.)

No comments:

Post a Comment