July 08, 2009

Book!

Bibliophiles:

Ok, so in weighing this decision I tried to keep everyone's interests and tastes in mind. So! Given Emily and my affinity for the movie, Arielle's enjoyment of sadistic violence and dislike of anything too old, Kailey and Anne's ability to be game for most anything, I think we could all read American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis? I promise it'll be easier to read than the Satanic Verses, but it will make you squeamish (unless you're Arielle).

ALSO, I think (if Anne hasn't read this already), we could all get a lot of enjoyment out of The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell. It's very, very readible even though it's non-fiction (I read one of the more famous sections and it was pretty funny). Arielle's my hold-out on this one, she'll either think it's interesting or...not. It's a good conversation starter, so it might help us get through quickly so that we can actually get the ball rolling.

Let me know what you ladies think.

No comments:

Post a Comment